Spring has sprung in Alaska!! Many people list in spring and summer, making it a great time to prepare your property inside and out. These tips will help you sell your home fast!
Ways to improve your home’s curb appeal:
Imagine yourself as the home buyer approaching your house for the first time. What impression will it make? What kinds of projects will the buyer need to be willing to undertake? Do they want something "move-in-ready?" What will they see first?
Sell Quickly with these Yard "Musts"
Spruce up the yard by cutting down any tree limbs that may have fallen from winter winds. This may require the help of a tree company if the limbs are difficult to reach.
If you have patchy or brown grass, hire a lawn service to thatch, fertilize and lime your yard. Learn about how to avoid thatch buildup to help your lawn.
Catch their Eye
Moving past the yard and closer up to the house, consider ways to amplify the natural light. Get your windows cleaned to allow the sun to shine through!
Check the batteries in your home’s smoke and CO detectors and change filters in your furnace and air purifiers.
Pro-tip 1: Set a regular times to help you remember this kind of home maintenance, such as daylight savings time when you are taking time to change the clocks forward and back.
Roof and Gutters
After soon as snow and ice have melted, inspect roofs to ensure no damage has taken place. Did you know a square foot of compacted snow can way close to 50 pounds? This winter we experienced a heavy snowfall. The snowfall stats based off of five weather stations in Anchorage indicate that our year-to-date snowfall has already reached 72 inches! Compare this to normal snowfall at 58 inches by this time of year. Consider a roof rake to help prevent ice dams in the future.
Pro-tip 2: While you are up there, take a look at your gutters and see if they need to be cleared of debris.
Each Home is Different
These yard, interior and roof tips will help you sell your home quickly by allowing qualified buyers to fall in love with your home. Take these steps now and eliminate hassle during your inspection period. Your home's unique offerings may require other small fixes and maintenance. If you’re looking for reliable contractors, please give us a call and we can point you in the right direction, 907-242-9282.
Bonus spring cleaning tips for everyone:
- Keep humidity level between 40% and 50%. This is the perfect level to eliminate static while decreasing dust mite growth
- Keep stored items cleaner longer by shutting closets, cabinets, and drawers, so circulating dust and dirt can’t get in.
- About 80% of dirt in homes walks in from the outside. Stop dirt with a bristly doormat before it’s tracked inside
- Use white vinegar as a greener option for cleaning mirrors and glass
- Keep countertops clear, wipe as you go
- Buy less junk and skip the bargain shopping
- Reduce duplicate items such as towels, limit two per person
- Ignore trends and purchase long lasting items
- When you buy something new, donate something old
- Ditch paper records and go digital